Friday, July 3, 2009

Walter Lara is saved by DREAMer Activism!

Washington, DC—Today, after 48 hours of intense activism by Congressional Leaders, bloggers, and thousands of grassroots activists who made calls and sent letters on Walter Lara’s behalf, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) moved to defer 23-year old Lara’s scheduled deportation back one year until July 3, 2010. In response to DHS’s deferment, Walter Lara issued the following statement:

“Today, words cannot express my gratitude to Secretary Janet Napolitano, Senator Bill Nelson, Representatives Corrine Brown, Lincoln Diaz-Balart, and the thousands of grassroots activists whose unified efforts have given me a second chance to live out my American Dream.
“As I look to celebrate Independence Day with family and friends this weekend, I have once again seen what makes America the best country in the world. Americans are fair, just, and kind. When we unite our strength to defend our shared values -opening rather than shutting the doors of opportunity - we can achieve anything. As I have said before, America is the only country I have known and I am an American. I have never been more proud to say that than I am today.

“But even as the dust settles on this tremendous personal victory, my sights are clearly set on the struggle ahead to build a long-term future for me and the more than 2 million like me whose lives may be cut short and dreams deferred.

“The action taken by the leaders in Congress and the Department of Homeland Security is an acknowledgment that our immigration laws are broken. The DREAM Act, if passed, would help people like myself, who came here through no fault of their own, stay in this country, be put on a path to citizenship and contribute to our nation.”

Click Here to read more about Walter Lara or visit http://www.firstfocus.net/pages/3608

1 comment:

Defensores de Democracia said...

Marie-Theresa Hernández :

Youth is the Greatest Treasure !

Thanks for your fight and struggle for Kindness and Humanity. I visit your site very often and I love it because it is very much concerned with Youth and Education.

********************
********************

Happy Fourth of July

I believe in America and Future Mental Health. Happy Fourth of July !

Besides Limbaugh ..... There was another big radio demagogue in America : Father Charles Edward Coughlin in the 1930s.

This Nazi Priest preached the most horrible and cruel rants against Jews.

Guess what happened to this Idiot ??

When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, This Popular Racist disappeared from the scene.

Rush Limbaugh shows signs of being tired and spent. ... This guy is eshausted in his Racism, his Hatred, his FearMongering and WarMongering.

Also DebtMongering and DeficitMongering.

One day Americans will realize that they are beginning to be tired of Limbaugh, Fox News and other idiots, so much Imbecility will be spent and worn. I believe in America.

America won't be conquered by Internal Wickedness, Evil and Hatred !

Happy Fourth of July

Milenials.com

Vicente Duque