Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month

Today I'm at the newly remodeled Central Library in Downtown Houston. I'm here because there is free parking this week and I love the third floor views our of city. I came across a display with books in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month and I checked out as few including a Santana CD. Anyhow one of the books is about "El Dia del Muerto-Day of the Dead" another was about the Pachuco Lingo and Lifestyle...I just wanted to remind everyone that it is a month to celebrate, eventhough like everyone says, "we should celebrate our heritage all the time," right?

What are you doing to celebrate your heritage?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marie-Theresa Hernández, PhD said...

isabella said...
I was initially confused as to why Hispanic Heritage month was broken up into 2 months but I did my research and found the answer. :)

I'm so glad there's a month (or months...) where Hispanics can come together to honor the accomplishments of those in our community. It's something to be proud of.

One Hispanic that I think is quite influential in the community is Cristina Saralegui. Her accomplishments in both journalism and broadcast are great! She's also recently joined forces with AARP to bring a voice to Hispanics. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope it's alright that I commented on your blog -- wanted to let them know about the fun video with Cristina and AARP's great benefits. If you have any further questions,
please don't hesitate to email me.

Thanks!
Isabella Coldivar
AARP Ambassador
isabellaAARP@gmail.com


--------
from dreamacttexas:

We appreciate comments but don't want to use the blog as a blatant advertiser. If you will notice we do not have any advertising. We know we could make lots of money doing this but strive to make dreamacttexas totally non-commercial.