Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm back, but still with no POWER!

Although my thoughts are a bit overdue, I wanted to share this experience.We had to make the best of the situation, but it was the scariest night in my life...Over 5 hours of strong winds, water and trees falling.
This is a picture take right infront of my house, about 6am with wind gusts of about 45MPH.


The first day my family and I were in aww...we walked through neighborhood and saw trees uprooted, power-lines on the ground, cars under trees, houses destroyed. I was afraid our chimney was going to cave in or our roof and into our living area, the windows rattled all night long...Our beautiful trees suffered some damaged and one just timbered right over the driveway, where hours before two cars were parked but decided to move to a friends garage. The first two days we waited in line an hour for ICE and WATER at Ripley House of off Navigation Blvd. The third day I waited in line 5-hours, even Mayor Bill White was upset for having us wait so long. I almost got out of line to go to the restroom, luckily a friend drove by and stayed in my car while I went to the corner gas-station.
As of today it has been 1-week and four days without POWER. Boy do we miss our news, novelas and wrestling shows and of course BLOGGING.
It is almost back to normal, we are lucky to have our house, have great health, and spend quality time with my family and friends.
I just hope that my in-law's house located two blocks away from the SEAWALL in Galveston is okay, they still have not visited the island and are anxious to clean out their refrigerator.
God Bless all the families who were affected by the hurricane.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






No comments: