Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Response to Politico's Article on the DREAM ACT

This comment from Politico is a response to the article on the DREAM ACT, and to the insulting and vulgar comments made about undocumented immigrants...

#46
Sep. 25, 2007 - 3:55 PM EST

Wow . . . I am appalled at the level of ignorance that seeps through these comments. Not to mention the fact that I have seen more misspelling(ie "citzon" and "illigals") than I saw when I tutored elementary kids. I imagine that you are all well aware of how Italian Immigrants or Polish immigrants were treated when they first came to the United States in the late 18th and 19th centuries. Like absolute SCUM. They were checked for LICE at Ellis Island before coming into the U.S. And who might those immigrants be related to? Hmm, well I would venture to say that about 75% percent of all you are probably descendants of those very same immigrants that were considered scum. what makes any of you any better than immigrants today?

I am an immigrant. Yes, I am here LEGALLY, but because of your absolutely, ridiculously STUPID immigration system, I am unable to go back home and see my family. So you see, it is not just the undocumented low-skilled workers that suffer from this senseless system, but also someone that is now working in DC and butts heads with the office of Senators and knows more about the way your legislative system works that probably half of you.

I graduated MAGNA CUM LAUDE from one of the most prestigious universities in the Northeast. And I went through college on financial aid- and I am very grateful to my institution for that. And NEVER during the four years that I was in college did I feel like I was taking an "American's" place- because I worked my ass off to get into and through college, much more than I can say of many of my American counterparts (not all, of course, but some) who skipped classes and insulted the professors because they felt they had a "right" to be there. Maybe you all could learn a thing or two about the so called "illegals" who come here and spread their "offspring". Please. Grow the..up....
DM

for link to entire comment, click the title to this post. It is comment #46

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not believe that the immigration policy of the USA should be based on the right to returned to anyone's country of orgin to visit family or friends
The immigration policy should be based on the needs and wants of the USA citizens, not the illigals, no matter how many, how hard working or well intended.