Plus high heels do all sorts of other damage to your body.
Below are two articles about High Heels and their history.... why are these articles in a London paper and not in the Houston Chronicle?
A History of High Heels - The London Guardian
1. They shorten your Achilles Tendon
3. Pushes your center of gravity forward
4. Causes Sciatica - creating numbness down your leg
5. Even wearing them 1-2 a week still can cause serious problems
6. Shortens and tightens your calve muscles
7. Throw your whole body out of alignment