The changes, dubbed Life's Simple Seven, were laid out in January as part of an American Heart Assn. campaign to guide people toward "ideal cardiovascular health." They include:
• At least 150 minutes of moderate exercise, or 75 minutes of intense exercise, a week.
• Having a body mass index of less than 25.
• Being a nonsmoker for at least one year.
• Meeting four out of five of the association's key components for a healthy diet.
• Keeping total cholesterol below 200 milligrams per deciliter of blood.
• Maintaining blood pressure below 120/80 millimeters of mercury.
• Having a fasting blood sugar level below 100 mg/dL of blood."