Monday, October 6, 2008

Feeling Like a Fakey


Today is the last day to register to vote, if you don't register by today you are out of the loop.

Yes, out of the loop. Which means you won't be voting on November when the future of this country rests in your hands.

I feel like such a fakey when there are conversations and people ask me who i am going to vote for. I then begin bashing Mc Cain and some of Obama too (since complaining is not something that i'm denied). Then, this thought of 'Yeah right' passes through my head; I mean, it would be great to vote but i can't and we all know why.

The more that i think about it, it is funny how i really don't really think about not voting. I sort of became conditioned to accept all the limitations of what being a DREAMer carries without question many of these same ones. I am 24 years old, never have voted once in political elctions... not even in my country.

I hope that many of you realize how important it is to vote even if they say that it really doesn't matter here in Texas. Things might be different this time.

Remember to register!

I'm really excited to watch from the sidelines the outcome of these elections!

Image

No comments: