Friday, April 4, 2008

25,000 hits for Dream Act Texas in less than 9 months












Three of us started this blog in July '07 hoping there would be an occasional visitor. We reached 1,000 in early October '07 -- and 10,000 in early January '08

Now we are at 25,000. Not bad without advertising, paying a search engine to list us, or having any big time connections in the blog world (or the media).

Earlier today Juli wrote a post about herself in honor of our 25,000 mark. I will now do the same.


No I'm not a DREAMER, but I am of Mexican descent. I was born in Houston when Jim Crow was still alive. I grew up in a country town on the coastal prairie. I was a kid when the hundreds of cotton pickers in their old trucks showed up in my town to harvest the rich cotton crop. I saw close up the difficult lives of the Mexican migrant workers and those sharecroppers who stayed in the county.

In my twenties and thirties I was a social worker, thinking maybe I could do something for people. It was an idealistic thought. I have never given up trying to figure out what I could do. The blog has been the answer, it has given Juli, Donajih and myself a voice we never thought we would have. Writing comes much easier when you have the passion.

We want to thank you sincerely for supporting us and reading our posts.


photo: http://www.newspaper.unsw.edu.au/archive/05_07_26/images/panel/Pen_paper.jpg

No comments: