Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cell phones while driving are dangerous

Today I was minding my own business going south on Houston's Southwest Freeway, with my eyes on the road, when a big white SUV started moving over into my lane and almost hit me.  I honked at the driver and thank goodness she had a quick reaction.  What was so bothersome about the incident was that she was talking on her cell phone while driving.

see dreamacttexas post, "No cell phones while driving, PLEASE!" January 13, 2009
-----

Md. Is Latest State to Target Text Messaging by Drivers
Senate Passes Ban, Following Va. and D.C.


By John Wagner
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 18, 2009; Page A01

The Maryland Senate voted overwhelming yesterday to prohibit text messaging while driving, making it likely that the state will soon join the District, Virginia and a growing number of other jurisdictions that have banned a distraction most common among younger motorists..
.link to complete article

No comments: