Friday, May 22, 2009

A few days of silence

It has been a few days since I have posted anything.  My co-blogger asked me what was going on, since I usually keep pretty busy with dreamacttexas.  

The thing is, my brother is really sick.  He is one of your millions of Latinos with diabetes.  I am really worried about him and don't know what will happen from one day to the next.  I tell myself it probably isn't bothering me but it really is.  There are only two of us.   I am eight years older than he is.  I was in third grade when he was born.  

He is on dialysis now.  He had to retire from his job as a fireman.  He can barely walk around, and one doctor has recommended amputation.  

Between that and working really hard to finish a book, the hour I had been spending on dreamacttexas has somehow gotten lost.  Even when I have the time, the enthusiasm I had for the writing slipped away.  I am hoping that in a few days I will get it back.  

I apologize for not writing more, but you know how it is...


No comments: