Thursday, May 28, 2009

The White Wise Guys are Talking About Sotomayor

Can you see Sotomayor hanging around with these guys (and Ginsburg)?

The Sotomayor Supreme Court nomination is getting some tugs from those who think her comment about wise Latina women and white guys who haven't lived a life was a bad thing.

How can this comment even count after you look at her stellar achievements?  So what if she thinks Latina women are wise?  What is wrong with that?

To be honest, I don't think all Latina women are wise.  But a good number are.  If they have used their experience well, they become awesome people.  Some end up spending their lives doing too much for their husbands and watching too much TV.  But then that sounds like a lot of women in general.

Now, is it true that there are white guys out there that "haven't lived a life?"  I think many people agree that the white guys from our former presidential administration (Bush II) would be in this category, especially Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld.  I think Rove has actually lived a life and gone through a lot, but I don't think he has learned much from his experiences except to be mean.

If you want to use stereotypes, you can say that successful Latinas can be tough.  They work hard and study hard.  They are like Sotomayor.  I don't know if she and I could be friends, but I will certainly respect her as a Supreme Court judge.  I bet lots of white guys will too.

Sotomayor's "controversial comment" -

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life,"


"Latina Woman - Tongue Tied Man," Washington Post, May 27, 2009

1 comment:

Defensores de Democracia said...

Republican Party and Fox News against Sotomayor - Mad Lady like Howard Hughes - Five dogs peed the Furniture - Pissed Mattresses - Help from the Sun !


And the lady with five dogs as mad as Howard Hughes, the horrible stench that made my wife throw up, rebellion of the workers in our truck.

A story about peed furniture, peed couch and chairs, peed dining table ( on the basis ), pissedd mattresses. Filth and Dirt everywhere.

I had the most horrible experience of Animal Odors, a House of a Mad Lady with five dogs, they do not know what is a bath and soap, never any disinfection against fleas.

My wife threw up and almost passed out and was dizzy and extremely angry.

The strong guys in the truck rebelled and did not want that load of stinking stench.

But I like to earn a penny - Finally I cajoled the guys with my personal example and we moved that damned load.

The story gets worse because I am in charge of the Warehouse where the furniture, pissed beds and mattresses are stored.

Fortunately we have had some sunny days, and I am taking the furniture out to a big patio to receive the benefit of the sun's radiation.

My wife bought some bicarbonate and chloral disinfectants and we fumigated the furniture and added some liquid soda and other chemicals.

The situation is improving.

To me this is the perfect metaphor for Fox News and the Idiots that are interviewed by Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck as if they were the Maximun in Juridical Wisdom, Great Jurisprudence and Judicial Acumen, when in fact they are only perfect idiots and clowns. All is Racism and Hate against Sonia Sotomayor.

If you want to see the best in Great Jurisprudence and Wisdom, then go to my MILENIALS.COM and see Great Judges and Sages giving opinions about Judge Sotomayor.

Milenials.com

Vicente Duque