Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A note on Democracy Now

When I posted the interview on INFRAGARD I thought for a minute that some people will think Democracy Now is an over reactive (and not always accurate) radio program.

While I used to think sometimes that perhaps D.N. seemed to find injustice maybe in too many places - I have to admit that one story they presented convinced me that their reporting is accurate - you could even say prescient.

A few years ago while I was driving down the Southwest Freeway in Houston, I heard a Democracy Now interview with Joe Wilson - Valerie Plames' husband, talking about how she had been outed by journalist Robert Novak. This was long before Scooter and Karl were publicly implicated in the outing of a CIA agent(Plame).

I guess the mainstream media just takes a while to get to the story...I don't doubt Amy Goodman anymore.

No comments: